The MoBster Diaries

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

MoB Guilt

I'm feeling sad and guilty at this point in the run-up to Kate's wedding. Lots of factors contribute to this: I'm in New York and all the wedding planning is happening in Atlanta; I'm really over-burdened at work so indulging in Mother of the Bride euphoria is often on the back-burner as I get my daily tasks done; I don't have much money to spend on this huge life-event, so I'm not being much financial help to the couple.

Well, anyway. I really want to sink into this time, to enjoy the preparations and planning sessions - it's only going to happen once, as Bride is my one-and-only child. I want to focus on the wedding and the wedding alone from now until October. But I know I can't do that. I can't get to Atlanta until mid-August. In the meantime, I have an extended trip to England for work, which will put me even further out of the loop.

I need to look for my MoB dress, but just haven't had the time or money to do it. I've got to do it soon but would love to have Kate with me when I do it. I want to make sure I get the right thing. But she can't get to New York and I can't get to Atlanta, so that's not likely to happen.

Ah, me. I'm so happy for Bride and Groom. I want the time to indulge in all the pre-wedding folderol, because it will be over before I know it. So, I'm a little sad. And guilty. Wish I could be more help.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MaryB at

1 Comments:

  • I think the people who get to "indulge" in this time are the rich folk. For the rest of us, I don't think I'll get to enjoy it until the week of. Don't feel guilty! I'm starting to think the whole purpose of a wedding is just a test to see if the bride and groom can survive the planning. The marriage is the easy part! I love you!

    Kate

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 27, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home