The MoBster Diaries

Friday, November 23, 2007

Engagement Party, Day of

We put on a pretty impressive spread for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. Kate and Greg's little bungalow is just perfect for entertaining. It's light and airy, and there's not much autumnal decorating to do since the brilliantly colored leaves outside the big sun-porch windows festoon the inside, as well.

The Thanksgiving decorations are down. The pots, pans, and dishes of yesterday's 13 diners are washed and put away. The house has been re-fluffed. So, now is the mad dash to get the place ready for tonight's 40 or so Engagement Party guests.

The other day Kate and I hit Party City pretty hard, walking out with 40 plastic martini glasses, plates, napkins, and assorted other decorating items in her theme colors of blue and brown. In the midst of Thanksgiving preparations, she managed to tie little ribbons of blue and brown around the glasses, while I used a silver paint pen to write: "Engaged! Kate & Greg" on each of them.

Martini fixin's for some fun, festive flavors, a variety of hors d'oeuvres, beer, soft drinks, etc., are either in the kitchen or on their way. I'm sure it'll be all chaos until the guests start to arrive, and then - well, it'll be too late, right?

The only thing left for me to do is to settle on what my engagement toast will be and figure out how to stuff myself into my dress after the 10 lbs. or so I gained yesterday!

I'll report back later. Cheers!

Bookmark and Share
posted by MaryB at

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home