The MoBster Diaries

Thursday, September 18, 2008

One month to go!

And the checklist grows every day. I'm talking about my checklist. No telling how long the Bride's list is by now. Here's a sampling from mine:

  • Shoes. Yikes! I've found several pairs I like, but I can't decide. Maybe I'll do a shoe-blog and let you weigh in on which I should choose.

  • Bubbles. Ordered. I've also ordered the blue and ivory tulle to wrap each little bubble container in. I do have to get over to M&J Trimming and pick up 40 yards of brown satin ribbon to tie them with. Then I have to actually wrap each and send the whole mess down to Atlanta.

  • Buttons for MoB dress. I'll get those at M&J as well. Dress is being altered, so I'll need to get the buttons to the alteration place on Saturday.

  • Guestbook needs to be designed and ordered from the Kodak website. We're using a photo album with Kate's engagement pictures and plenty of space to write names, well-wishes, etc., but I'm waiting for the high-res photos before I can put it together and order.

  • Bridesmaids' cake. Ordered. From Rhodes Bakery , for the bridesmaids luncheon. Must buy the charms and ribbon to be baked into cake. Take trinkets to Rhodes when I get to Atlanta.

  • Wedding program. I'm working on it. Collecting the names of wedding participants and figuring out how to format the service from the Book of Common Prayer. Plus add the words for the recessional hymn and directions to the reception site. As I said, I'm working on it. (Bride: have you chosen the readings for the service? Refer to your BCP, please.)

  • Review budget.

  • Stay calm.
OK. That's it for right now. The list grows by the minute. It'll all get done. I have one month. Tick. Tick. Tick.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MaryB at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home