The MoBster Diaries

Monday, January 21, 2008

27 Dresses (Hardly)

Bride called me this morning with the news that the big decision over bridesmaid dresses has been made. Kate and two of her "maids," Lizzie and Lindsey (Lindsay?) went in to try on several designs to see what looked best on the two very differently shaped (from each other, I mean) young women.

Kate originally thought that she'd let the bridesmaids wear an assortment of styles (though all short, cocktail types), but evidently one looked great on everyone. Plus Lizzie and Lindsey gave a thumbs-up on the strapless number, so that's what matters. The plan is to change up the colors - variations using chocolate brown and a pewter-y color, with a periwinkle blue accent. The fabric will be a satin-faced shantung (a textured silk, as far as I can tell). And the dresses are fairly reasonably priced (could be much worse, in other words).

Kate knows fashion, so I'm confident the dresses will be lovely. At any rate, they'll be a far cry from the gingham Mexican wedding dress-style of my bridesmaids of the early 1970s. Ah, how times have changed. But then again, these maids are much more sophisticated than we were.

That's one more important thing to check off the list.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MaryB at

3 Comments:

  • Truth be told, everyone of my bridesmaids could wear a paper sack and look fabulous. I have the best looking bridal party anyones ever set eyes on. Truly they're all beautiful. Lets hope I don't get up-staged by their fabulousness!!!!

    K

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At January 24, 2008 at 7:38 PM  

  • Oh, please, Baby Girl. As gorgeous as your bridal party is, no one will upstage you! I plan to walk down the aisle with a bag over my head. You don't think that'll be too distracting, do you?

    Good luck with the Save-the-Date and Invitation saga!

    By Blogger MaryB, At January 24, 2008 at 8:24 PM  

  • It seems Kate thinks exactly what I think. From seeing your earlier photos, I'd have to say that the bridal party is absolutely beautiful. But I'm sticking with MoBster in that no one will outshine Kate. I'm just thrilled for you both. The big day will be here before you know it. God bless you all.

    By Blogger Elsie, At February 2, 2008 at 4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home