The MoBster Diaries

Monday, April 20, 2009

Why I didn't cry

I just don't know.

I've asked myself why I didn't cry at the wedding any number of times since the Big Day, now six months behind us. I was all prepared. The pew was stocked with Kleenex. I mean, I cry at everybody else's weddings. Why not my own child's? I fully expected my eyes to start leaking the moment I walked Bride down the aisle. But it never happened.

'Nary a tissue was used by MoB throughout the whole affair, and I feel a little guilty about it. Isn't wailing part of MoB's wedding duties? Did I fail to live up to everyone's expectations? Did I disappoint on the drama-scale by not boo-hooing during the service?

Truth is, I just couldn't work up any tears. I was happy for Kate and Greg. I didn't experience a feeling of having my sweet baby yanked from my arms. She'd been on her own for several years - therefore, no separation anxiety. Perhaps I was so interested in watching the whole thing unfold, that I just forgot to cry.

Anyway, I don't have the answer for why I didn't cry at the wedding. Even now, I can't work up any tears over it. Such a bad mama.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MaryB at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home